Monday, April 8, 2013

Wiping away the dust

I can't believe how long its been since I last wrote! That tells you how my life has been going...
Don't get me wrong life has been great but a little busy!! Being a wife and mom full time plus running a business has kept me more than occupied! I'm so blessed how much my business has grown in last year! Its amazing what word of mouth a little advertising can do! Well instead of rambling here I want to tell the world the awesome things happening in our life now.

If you have followed my blog for a while you know a lot of my story. You know the struggles that Tom and I have experienced...to an extent. To think of where we were just two years ago and where we are now is a complete 180! We have come so far from the couple who almost lost each, or maybe even did for a while, to a couple that is determined to make it to 80 years of marriage! Yes we still have our days but who doesn't. We still struggle trying to find the quiet time for just 'us' but we are doing it, one step at a time. We have made it 5 years! This year was very special to us because today in this world a lot of couples don't make it this far! So to us 5 years is a huge deal!! As I have said many times love is choice and we are choosing every day to keep going>3
Then we have our 4 year old beauty who knows how to keep us searching for the right ways to parent. She has a way of making us feel like we are the biggest failures but then 5 minutes later shows us that we are doing something right. We have found parenting is seriously the most difficult job in the world but has the best rewards. Our girl is so smart and has the most creative imagination. She has a heart that is so open and ready to love. She loves Jesus and has so many questions about him. I really believe God gave her a special heart to have compassion for those who have lost and a way at a young to understand death. She is so curious about Matt and her grandpa(tom's dad). Her mind loves to create a whole new magical world that she pulls Tom and I into. She is so in love with her daddy and call him her prince. I really hope she never loses that. Choosing to just have her as our one and only has made me appreciate my time with her and watch her grow in a different way.

One of the biggest things to happen in my life this year though just happened two months ago.
My sister has come back in my life!! I prayed and prayed and cried and prayed for a year and a half and it finally happened. On a Sunday afternoon I found an email waiting for me that put me in a state of shock that I have only experienced one other time in my life 7 years ago. I didn't know if it was real or a practical joke someone was playing on me. I can tell you it wasn't and in the past two months I have had a hole in my heart start to fill. I truly didn't know if I would ever hear from her again but am so happy that God has brought us back together! The bond between sisters can't never truly be broken! I'm so looking forward to the journey her and I will take together from this point forward!

Lastly is our Army life. As much as we miss the Marine Corps and wish we could still be in it, we are so thankful for the Army and what it has provided for us. We have been at Fort Hood, TX. now for a year and a half and though I really don't like it here I have made the best of it. We have made a lots of great friends that have been like a family and Kaity has had lots of little people to play with. I have learned so much about this life being here and have loved the opportunity to be a big part of Tom's unit.
But.....our time is slowly coming to and end because in just a short six months we will be heading to the beautiful state of HAWAII  for 4 years!!!! To say we are excited is an understatement! We are ecstatic!
We have been waiting 5 years to go back to that paradise never once thinking it would be for more than a week or two!
Moving there is going to bring on a whole new set of adventures for this family mine and we can't wait!  We plan to travel and see as much as we can and allow Kaity to experience a whole new world.
Most of the people that have known me forever might have a heart attack when they hear this but I will probably be taking on homeschooling! Yes I said it out loud for everyone to hear HOMESCHOOLING! So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

So this is our life right now! Crazy busy life and we are loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment